T H E A R T P A R T Y 

a b o u t !    ~    a r t !    ~    i s s u e s !    ~    p r o p a g a n d a !    ~    j o i n !    ~    e v e n t s !    ~    c o n t a c t !

WORDS           IMAGES           SOUNDS
MOTION             THOUGHTS

Don't forget that we
have a forum that you should post on!


Saturday, December 30, 2006

 

You are Me in the Mirror

Meanwhile we attend to details like monks
and argue for lost moments. I steal glances
of the passing beauties but you just ask
them for cigarettes. I am will, the man says,
but you are addiction running me over.
I sit by lovely knowing I can kiss her
and blame you for my hesitation phases--
thinking and fidgeting a gin-empty flask.
All I could say comes down to fifteen paces.
Straighten up, boy, put down the rubber mask.

Comments:
Inner dialogue is weird and creepy.
We need more poetry in our lives.

The first two lines are my favorites.
 
i like the way the rhymes happen. i love "all i could say comes down to fifteen paces" -- so constantly true. and the rubber mask... strange.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google+